The Government Affairs Committee (GAC) is an independent branch of the Lake Arrowhead Communities Chamber of Commerce with a focus on local government, issues, and impact on our community life. The GAC makes recommendations for advocacy and support for issues that affect our community.
GAC is responsible for organizing community members with local, state, and federal government bodies and officials in areas of interest to our communities, and to promote effective cooperation between the communities and government.
- To keep members apprised of legislative issues that will affect our communities
- To keep members and government entities informed of local issues that may affect the quality of life in our communities
- To bring motions for actions related to such issues before the Chamber Board
Mountain Rim Fire Safe Council
Corina Colan, Esq.
Chamber Board of Directors
Crest Forest Senior Citizens Club, Inc.
Rim of the World Unified School District Board Member
Jenny Hueter-Parks, Recreation & Youth activities
Rim of the World Recreation and Park District
Community GAC Meetings
GAC meetings are held each month on the 1st Tuesday of the Month at 8:00 am.
The Lake Arrowhead Chamber sends an email notification with an agenda each month.
Meetings are open to all community members. If you’d like to be on our e-blast list, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meetings are via Zoom Conference Call.
- When the meetings are In-person, the meetings are held at the Recreation and Park District Office in Rimforest at 26577 State Highway 18, and a Zoom link may also be provided.
GAC meetings are also covered by our local mountain newspapers:
At the meetings, briefing updates generally come from the groups below.
- Government Representatives
- Congressman Jay Obernolte
- Senator Rosilicie Ochoa Bogh
- Assemblyman Tom Lackey
- Supervisor Dawn Rowe
- Local Government and Agencies
- US Forest Service
- CAL FIRE
- SB County Fire
- California Highway Patrol (CHP)
- SCAQMD (Air Quality)
- ROWUSD (Rim of the World Unified School District)
- Rim of the World Recreation & Park District
- LACSD (Water)
- SoCal Edison (Electric)
- Area Chambers of Commerce
- Other Community Organizations
Government Representatives Contacts
Our Government Representatives can help navigate federal, state and local agencies. They are involved in our mountain communities, attending events and learning about issues in our communities to be as effective as possible in their legislative efforts.
In addition, as Covid-19 restrictions continue lift, we expect they hold office hours at the Lake Arrowhead Chamber of Commerce as they have historically.
Congressman Jay Obernolte
California’s 8th District
9700 Seventh Ave., Ste. 201
Hesperia, CA 92345
Senator Rosilicie Ochoa Bogh
California’s 23rd Senate District
1758 Orange Tree Lane, Suite B
Redlands, CA 92374
Phone: (909) 335-0271
Fax: (909) 335-0282
Assemblymember Tom Lackey
41310 12th Street West, Suite F
Palmdale, CA 93551
Phone: (661) 267-7636
San Bernardino County Supervisors
385 N. Arrowhead Ave., Fifth Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0110
Third District Supervisor
Field Representative to Dawn Rowe is Lewis Murray